Why is time recording important?
Why is time recording important in the project?
- More time and effort in working life
- Work suffers due to the additional effort
- Transparency when something took longer than planned and thus fear of justification
- The task and activity is not really motivating and is often misunderstood
Back to the question why time recording?
As already mentioned above, recording working time only brings added value if it is implemented in the company and is used across the board, regularly, realistically and reliably; this results in the advantages described for both company and employees:
Benefits for companies
- Effective and economical personell planning
- Fulfillment of labor law requirements
- Basis for payroll accounting
- Increase in profit
- Optimal process planning
Benefits for members of staff
- Reliable overview of overtime
- Comfortable vacation planning
- Full focus on the project
- Avoiding unnecessary work
- Transparent overview of the work done
Time recording makes sense – but for whom?
The basis for this is known as hourly compensation, so the work per hour is correctly billed here. In certain industries and occupations, payment per working hour is even obligation to record working hours. Typical industries are e.g.:
- Construction industry
- Craft forestry
- Car workshops
- Usually everywhere where project management software is used
Especially with the latter – the use of project management software – important data for strategic planning and thus far-reaching company decisions is collected.